Light Panting and Star trail
STAY OPTION: As we will be traveling to extreme remote areas of Maharashtra the stay will be arranged in a local homestay as it’s safer & hygienic.
How to balance light painting technique under moon light.
Importance of diffusing artificial light source while shooting at low or high ISO.
How to focus on subject in dark environment.
How to create light textures with light painting tools.
Star Trail Photography
Join This Tour?
If you are fascinated by stars and Light Painting, this workshop is designed for you. This is a basic level photo worksop, which covers Light Painting and Star Trail Photography & Editing. If you ever wanted to add stunning light painting and star trail images in your portfolio this is the right choice for you. Even if you are a beginner you can join this workshop as we have ‘Personal Pre Tour Support’ which clears all level of difficulties before we start the Tour.
If you are completely new to light painting and star trail photography a private lecture will be arranged to clear all doubts without any extra charges. All participants will be guided about the tools and gear required for this shoot to have a clear idea about the shoot. If any basic or advance query they will be cleared via phone call to make sure you are technically prepared for the shoot.
An award-winning photographer and educator based in Mumbai, India. He specialises in off-camera flash portraits and astrophotography. Read more about Ashish on his website.
MEETING POINT: Sanjay Gandhi National Park at 9am
PICKUP POINT: Miraroad Highway, Thane . Opp. Lake City Mall
Drive to Naneghat via Thane – Murbad Road – Junnar
We start our journey from Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East lunch Enroute. Reach Naneghat by evening. After evening tea, we will brief you about the gear and how to set it up for night shoot followed by local area exploration. After Veg/Non Veg Dinner we rest and start shooting light painting and star trail.
Drive from Naneghat to Borivali
After Veg breakfast, we will start with post processing on the images clicked by participants followed by certificate distribution. On the way back we will have Veg lunch. The final drop location will be Borivali East. The Tour ends here.
Min 4 pax and Max 12 pax
*Single occupancy/tent can be arranged at the additional cost of ₹1200
- Mumbai – Naneghat – Mumbai Travel by AC Vehicle
- All meals, starting from Day 1 lunch to Day 2 Lunch.
- Photography mentorship and on field assistance fees
- Additional beverages, snacks etc.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the Inclusion list
TOOLS/GEAR REQUIRED BY PARTICIPANTS:
- DSLR or Mirror less camera
- Sturdy Tripod
- Wired / Wireless Camera trigger (Optional)
- Head torch/ Torch (Optional)
THINGS TO CARRY:
Personal hygiene and care products, Medicine etc.
₹ 6,000/- needs to be paid to book your seat
75% refund of full fees if cancellation is made 45 days prior to the date of the tour.
25% refund of full fees if cancellation is made 20 days prior to the date of the tour.
NO refund if cancellation is made 15 days prior to the date of the tour.
50% refund of full fees if cancellation is made 30 days prior to the date of the tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
As Naneghat lies in the remotest area of Maharashtra we cannot expect luxury. If you are looking for luxurious tour we won’t recommend this tour as it involves stay in homestay with basic amenities in remote areas.
We offer Veg and Non-Veg food on our tour. But while traveling we recommend to eat only veg food due to motion sickness problem. If non veg food is available in the hotel one can opt for it at no additional cost.
As we will be traveling to extreme remote areas of Maharashtra the stay will be arranged in a local homestay as it’s safer & hygienic. If requested before the workshop a tent will be arranged at an additional charge.
Our vehicle will drive you till the photography spot which doesn’t require any long trekking or hiking. But it might include small hikes to nearby areas to find better composition which is optional. We personally don’t recommend individuals to wander alone far from the camping site. But just incase if you liked some near by location you can do small hike at your own risk, we won’t be involved in any type of additional support in whatsoever circumstances.
Naneghat is located at the height of 2,461 ft. So it gets very cold at night. Thus we recommend you to carry warm clothes for night photography. A thick fleece/ sweater/ winter jacket with full pants should suffice.
This tour covers many scenic spots, so if you are interested in star gazing this is a great opportunity to experience night sky. So if you are not a photography enthusiast and want to experience the night sky you can join this tour.
Personal Belongings and Responsibility
- Participant(s)/Guardians should understand the risks involved in any long journey activities before enrolling.
- In case of any injury, sickness, accident, death or any other casualty or loss or damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; organisers, volunteers or experts or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly with Ashish Kamble Photography and Tours shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims of participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.
- Any expenses for all medical treatment and arrangements made by the organisers for the participants will be solely borne by the participant.
- During the Workshop, the decision of authorised representative of Ashish Kamble Photography and Tour shall be final and binding on all participants.
- Please be courteous to your mentor and other participants for smooth stress free Tour experience. Any discomfort please share with the organiser, we will try our level best to solve it in our capacity.
- The participant should make the payment only once he has gone through all terms and conditions and is willing to abide by them.
Rules And Regulation:
- Smoking and moderate consumption of alcohol during leisure time is allowed during the tour. We request you not to smoke when all participants are shooting on field or are in a common meeting room
- Possession of illegal drugs, weapons and other illegal substances is strictly prohibited during the tour. If found breaking this Rule, participant will be expelled from the Workshop/Tour and NO REFUND will be provided.